The ShatterStorm Productions FemSlash Advent Calendar :: Dead of Winter 2009
And now for the obligatory rules list…
First the administrative rules:
- FSAC DW09 (huh? What's that stupid acronym mean? Oh! Duh… Femslash Advent Calendar :: Dead of Winter 2009) has exclusive rights to all stories until 5 January 2010.
- Once your entry has been posted on the FSAC :: DW09 site, you may feel free to link to the FSAC DW09 site or the ShatterStorm Productions site, but please do not link solely to the individual entry. This is to ensure that people have the opportunity to check out the entirety of the FSAC DW09.
- Entries cannot be permanently posted or archived anywhere else (mailing lists, individual/archival websites, journal communities, etc) until after 5 January 2010. (See Rule #2 above.)
- The sole exception to the "No journal communities" rule is posting your submission to the dogged_by_muses community, as that is the official LJ community for ShatterStorm Productions.
- Participants can post their entries to their personal LiveJournals or Dreamwidth journals only on the day their entries go live on the calendar. While we realize that some people use their LJs/DWs for posting their fic/vids/graphics/etc, this does not allow for posting to any LiveJournal or Dreamwidth communities until after the exclusivity date has passed. This means that if a person has created an LJ/DW community for their fic, their entry cannot be placed on that community until after the exclusivity date has passed.
- Oh! And please make sure that these are new fics/pics/vids, unpublished anywhere else. We're only gonna hold 'em hostage for a little while, and then you can have them back.
- Dates will be assigned to authors unless they specify a date they want. The calendar will be updated as regularly as humanly possible. We will have multiple stories per day, so even if there is a story assigned to a particular date already, you can still have it, provided all stories are evenly spread across the calendar.
- Sign-ups begin on 11/06/09 and end on 11/25/09.
- All entrants must have their submissions in to aj & Jenn no later than 11:59pm PST on Monday, 30 November 2009. If you cannot get your submission in on time, and we don't hear from you, we will put in a ringer.
- If you end up defaulting on your submission, you will no longer be able to participate in any calendars or challenges from ShatterStorm Productions. We hate to have to take this step, but unfortunately there have been people who have ruined this option. If you contact us prior to the deadline, we will work with you and you're still eligible for future participation. If not, the rule is pretty firm. Now, we realize that there can be extenuating circumstances, so definitely contact us, but if you can't be arsed to contact us, we can't be arsed to expect you to follow through in the future.
And now for the more creative rules:
- Femslash only… DUH!
- No bestiality.
- No underage over PG.
- No real people.
- No incest.
- There is no rule number six.
- Any rating is acceptable. Please make sure to note and warn of any potential "squicks."
- Fanfiction, fan art, and music videos are acceptable.
- The individual requirements:
- For fanfiction:
- Minimum length of 1000 words.
There is no maximum length on these stories. Wherever your muses take you, we'll take it. Provided it is a finished, previously unpublished piece.
- For fan art: Any original or photo-manipulated artwork will be accepted. Please ensure that your images are classy, not tasteless. No images over 1 MB in size. Please contact us if your image will be larger than this.
- For music videos: All music videos must be playable with Windows Media Player or Quicktime. If you have a specific codec used, you must provide a link for people to obtain it. No videos over 20MB in size Please contact us if your video will be larger than this.
- Pick an inspiration, any inspiration, it's all good with us! TV, films, animated, comics, books, weird dreams after too much pizza…
- If you need any help in getting ideas for your submission, just check out this handy-dandy inspiration guide. And if you have any suggestions for the list, let us know.
To sign up, please email us
with the following information...
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us