The ShatterStorm Productions FemSlash Advent Calendar :: Dog Days of Summer 2015
And now for the obligatory rules list…
First the administrative rules:
- FSAC DD15 (huh? What's that stupid acronym mean? Oh! Duh… Femslash Advent Calendar :: Dog Days of Summer 2015) has exclusive rights to all entries until 4 July 2015.
- Once your entry has been posted on the FSAC :: DD15 site, you may feel free to link to the FSAC DD15 site or the ShatterStorm Productions site, but please do not link solely to the individual entry. This is to ensure that people have the opportunity to check out the entirety of the FSAC DD15.
- Entries cannot be permanently posted or archived anywhere else (mailing lists, individual/archival websites, journal communities, etc) until after 4 July 2015. (See Rule #2 above.)
- The sole exception to the "No journal communities" rule is posting your submission to the dogged_by_muses community, as that is the official LJ community for ShatterStorm Productions.
- Participants may post their entries to their personal LiveJournals or Dreamwidth journals only on the day their entries go live on the calendar. While we realize that some people use their LJs/DWs for posting their fic/vids/graphics/etc, this does not allow for posting to any LiveJournal or Dreamwidth communities until after the exclusivity date has passed. This means that if a person has created an LJ/DW community for their fic, their entry cannot be placed on that community until after the exclusivity date has passed.
- Oh! And please make sure that these are new fics/pics/vids, unpublished anywhere else. We're only gonna hold 'em hostage for a little while, and then you can have them back.
- Dates will be assigned to authors unless they specify a date they want. The calendar will be updated as regularly as humanly possible. We will have multiple stories per day, so even if there is a story assigned to a particular date already, you can still have it, provided all stories are evenly spread across the calendar.
- Sign-ups begin on 05/24/15 and end on 06/11/15.
- All entrants must have their submissions in to aj & Jenn no later than 11:59pm PST on Friday, 12 June 2015. If you cannot get your submission in on time, and we don't hear from you, we will put in a ringer.
- If you end up defaulting on your submission, you will no longer be able to participate in any calendars or challenges from ShatterStorm Productions. We hate to have to take this step, but unfortunately there have been people who have ruined this option. If you contact us prior to the deadline, we will work with you and you're still eligible for future participation. If not, the rule is pretty firm. Now, we realize that there can be extenuating circumstances, so definitely contact us, but if you can't be arsed to contact us, we can't be arsed to expect you to follow through in the future.
And now for the more creative rules:
- Femslash only… DUH!
This does allow for pre-slash and f/f friendship.
There can be m/f, m/m, threesomes, and moresomes, but these MUST be secondary to the f/f pairing [unless the three-/more-somes are all female characters].
- No bestiality.
- No underage over PG.
- No real people.
- No incest.
- There is no rule number six.
- Any rating is acceptable. Please use content warnings, like those at AO3, for any potential triggers and/or "squicks".
- Fanfiction, fan art, and music videos are acceptable.
- The individual requirements:
- Fanfiction: Minimum length of 750 words.
There is no maximum length on these stories. Wherever your muses take you, we'll take it.
Please be sure your story is a finished, previously unpublished piece.
- Fan art: At least 500x500 pixels.
Any original or photo-manipulated artwork will be accepted. Please ensure that your images are classy, not tasteless.
Please contact us if your image will be larger than 5MB in size.
- Videos: Minimum of 60 seconds.
All music videos must be playable with Windows Media Player or Quicktime. If you have a specific codec used, you must provide a link for people to obtain it.
Please contact us if your video will be larger than 20MB.
- Icons: Set of 10.
- Podfic: Recording for a 1000 word story or longer.
- Picspam: 15 pictures minimum with some sort of explanatory text.
- Gifset: Mimimum of 6.
- Fanmix: 10 songs with cover art (400x400), track list, and explanation included.
- Meta: Minimum of 750 words.
- Poetry: Minimum of 300 words.
- Other types of submissions: Please contact us if you have another submission idea you'd like to do. We will work with you on minimum requirements.
- Pick an inspiration, any inspiration, it's all good with us! TV, films, animated, comics, books, weird dreams after too much pizza…
- If you need any help in getting ideas for your submission, just check out this handy-dandy inspiration guide. And if you have any suggestions for the list, let us know.
To sign up, please check out the available dates on the calendar
and email us
with the following information...
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please feel free to contact us